With the switchplus Premium-E-Mail services you can easily and quickly set up one or multiple email addresses using your own DOMAIN. Whether you want a prestigious private email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) or a professional business email address (email@example.com) – with the products HEX and MAIL, private as well as professional users will find the right offer.
The product MAIL enables you to have mailboxes with high availability for your email communication. The scope of services includes an antivirus and spam protection software, a considerable web-surface with every important email feature as well as any number of email accounts.
With MAIL, switchplus offers…
- a cost-efficient email solution for any number of mailboxes for private customers
- all sensible ways of configuration for each email user
What is it?
- A cost-efficient email solution for any number of mailboxes for private customers.
- A personal and trustworthy email with privacy protection.
- All data is saved in Switzerland and can be accessed by the customer from anywhere.
- Sensible configuration possibilities to match the requirements of each email user.
What’s the point?
- A private email solution based on the personal domain.
- Any number of mailboxes for a fixed price for private customers.
- Access from all devices and all browsers from anywhere.
Who is it for?
- For private people who want a personal email address with any number of mailboxes.
How much does it cost?
CHF 59.00 a year (incl. VAT) per MAIL with any number of email addresses
- Subscription period 12 months.
- All service features included in the price.
- Advance payment without deduction due within 30 days from date of invoice.
- Period of notice 35 days prior to the end of the respective subscription period.
- Requirement: DOMAIN is registered with switchplus.
- General Terms and Conditions of switchplus ltd. apply.
All DOMAIN endings configurable (annual fee for DOMAINs is not included).
E-Mail Disk Space
6 GB disk space is available on the server for both IMAP and POP3 mailboxes (minimum capacity 5 MB). The maximum storage volume of 6 GB cannot be increased.
Unlimited data transfer volume included.
Name server entries
Individual configuration of the name server entries is available for each of your DOMAINs. Aside from A, CNAME, and MX entries, you can also configure NS, AAAA, SPF, SRV, and TXT entries. In addition, you can set separate name server entries for sub domains.
We make sure that only as much energy is fed emission-free into our power grid as we use with our services. This way, we are jointly contributing actively to climate protection.
Our IT infrastructure offers an average annual uptime of at least 99.9%, including 24/7 server monitoring, daily backup of your data and customer service (Monday – Friday, 9 – 12 h and 14 – 17 h), available by phone and e-mail.
With MAIL we meet the criteria set by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA) – Circular 2008/7
Data Location Switzerland
You can access and manage each mailbox of your DOMAIN over webmail and standard internet browsers.
An alias is an alternate e-mail address with which you can also access a set up mailbox. Any number of aliases can be assigned to each mailbox.
With e-mail forwarding, you can automatically forward all incoming e-mails, which were sent to an e-mail address, to a different e-mail address, which was earlier defined as the forwarding target.
E-Mail Auto Responder
With this function, you can configure the automatic response to e-mails, such as a notification of absence. It allows you to configure the text, as well as the beginning and the end of the automatic message for each mailbox.
Secure E-Mail Transfer
Your e-mails are sent and received encrypted over an SSL connection.
Spam and Virus Protection
You are able to administer the following settings on a DOMAIN or mailbox level:
- virus scanner
- blocking dangerous attachments
- spam filter
- black-, grey- and whitelisting
- SPF test
Sender Policy Framework (SPF)
SPF makes it more difficult to forge the sender of an e-mail on the SMTP server. You can determine with SPF, if the address of the sender in a received e-mail was forged, thereby preventing delivery. Forging addresses of senders is a popular method for spammers to stay anonymous. Many senders of spam use this method.